The Interactive Audio LabWelcome to the Interactive Audio Lab, headed by Bryan Pardo. We are in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department of Northwestern University . We apply machine learning, signal processing, natural language processing, and database search techniques to make new auditory tools and interfaces.
A music search engine you can sing to
Estimate missing information in audio
Spatial Source Separation|
Amplify sounds coming from a particular direction
Separation by repetition, by repetition, by repetition, ...
Adaptive User Interfaces|
Don't learn the tool, let the tool learn you
Separate music sources in real time with the help of a musical score
Learn about the music
Make videos from music
Multi-pitch Estimation & Streaming
Track more than one pitch at once
Demos and Products
- Just sing to Tunebot to find your song.
- SocialEQ is a tool that learns the meaning of sound adjectives from you.
- Toneboosters released TB EZQ, a zero-latency, VST-plugin implementation of our 2DEQ audio equilizer.
- Bach10, a versitle polyphonic music dataset for Multi-pitch Estimation and Tracking, Audio-score Alignment and Source Separation.
- Ground-truth Pitches for the PTDB-TUG speech pitch tracking dataset. The ground-truth pitches were calculated using Praat on the microphone signals.
- Jazz Score/Performance Database, a database of MIDI recordings performed by professional Chicago jazz pianists using lead sheets, useful as training and validation data for a jazz score following program.
- June 13 2013Mark Cartwright presents research at Telecom ParisTech
- June 10 2013Zafar Rafii starts internship at Gracenote.
- Jun 3 2013Zhiyao Duan successfully defends his PhD dissertation. He will start work as an assistant professor in the ECE department of University of Rochester in July. Congratulations, Zhiyao!
- June 2012Jinyu Han graduates with his PhD and starts work at Gracenote. Congratulations, Jinyu!
- June 2011The Midwest Music Information Retrieval Gathering was hosted by our lab on June 24